Monday, April 5, 2010

...

It's been a month. Sorry for not being around at all; school's kicking into high gear and the blog's fallen on the back burner. I'm still writing. My penance will be to post my newest attempt at a short short story I wrote for a prompt I found online. It's post-apocalyptic (of course) but I think it's also got some real influence from Flannery O'Connor, at least in the last few sentences. I'm drawing on her writing style a lot--in case you've forgotten I'm taking a class that studies her works exclusively--and when I start reading her collected nonfiction in the coming weeks I'm sure I'll be employing advice she dispenses.

My novel's still in brainstorming, though I've gotten a few more blurbs written down (including a nice piece about a woman screaming in the distance, with her scream dissipating away into nothing). I'm interested in a new short story idea I'm working on, with a young couple in an apartment fire. Bits of the imagery I have for that story appear in what I'm posting later this week.

Again, sincere apologies for not being on more often. This should cease being an issue when summer rolls around and I've got more time to dedicate to writing.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment