Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Huzzah!

So my first written work of the year is finally done! Well, the rough draft is done, anyway. I decided to try writing in journal entry form, mostly as a way of seeing just how much of my ability to create a distinct voice remained. It's a bit choppy, some of the language is lowbrow even for the layman I'm trying to create.

Anyway, the story's a short horror piece (commonly called "creepypasta" on the internet, for being a scary story that's often copied and pasted elsewhere by people who found it enjoyable), and it explores some pretty interesting aspects of loneliness and the desire for companionship. I think it could have been a lot worse, considering it's the first short story I've written in more than 2 years.

It'll be up here soon; I want to get one good edit in before submitting it for your reading pleasure. Criticism will be welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment